We at Murphy & McGonigle respect your concerns about privacy and value the relationship we have with you. This Privacy Notice applies to Murphy & McGonigle’s websites listed here. This Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on these Sites, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. Our Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on our Sites. Here are the ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit. We also tell you how we may use the information.News, Alerts and Publications
- On our Sites, you may sign up to receive news, alerts and publications from Murphy & McGonigle. To sign up, we may ask you for information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and topics of interest. We use the information you provide to send you the communications you request. We also may use the information to communicate with you about other topics that we believe may be of interest to you.
- You may be able to submit comments to Murphy & McGonigle blogs. You may include personal information in your comment, and you also may submit your name and email address with your comment. We may use your name to identify you as a commenter. You also may subscribe to get an RSS feed or email of our blogs by submitting your email address. We use this information to send you the information you request and to communicate with you in connection with our blogs.
- When you submit your resume and other information to apply for a job with Murphy & McGonigle. We use the information you submit in connection with your job inquiry.
- If you communicate with us through the "Contact Us" link, we may ask you for information such as your name, email address and telephone number so we can respond to your questions and comments. We also may use the information you provide to communicate with you about topics that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Our Sites offer various features, which we may change from time to time. We may ask you to submit certain personal information so we can provide you with and communicate with you about these features.
- We may use the personal information you provide on the Sites for our internal purposes. These purposes include administration of the Sites, market research, data analytics and compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures.
Personal Information We Collect by Automated Means
We collect certain information by automated means when you visit our Sites, such as how many users visit our Sites and the pages accessed. By collecting this information, we learn how to best tailor the Sites to our visitors. We collect this information through various means such as "cookies", "web beacons" and IP addresses, as explained below.Cookies
Like many companies, some of our Sites may use "cookies". Cookies are bits of text that are placed on your
you have visited us before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify site features in which you
may have the greatest interest. Cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while
you are visiting a particular site.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our site features.
- Certain pages on our Sites may contain "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
- An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Sites, we may view the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Sites.
- Our Sites may use analytics to create statistical reports. These reports would tell us, for example, how many users visited our Sites, what pages have been browsed, and from what geographic regions users visited the Sites. The information collected through the use of analytics may include, for example, your IP address, the website from which you visited us, the type of device you used and your search query that led you to the Sites. Your IP address is masked on our systems and will only be used on a need-to-know basis to resolve technical issues, to administer our Sites and to understand visitor preferences. Traffic information on our Sites is accessed only by authorized personnel. We do not use any of this information to identify visitors and we do not share it with third parties. Our websites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain countries, regions or states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a resident of the State of California in the United States, please click here for additional California-specific privacy disclosures.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, please click here for additional EEA-specific privacy disclosures.
Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose personal information visitors submit through our Sites, except as described in this Privacy Notice. We may share your information among Murphy & McGonigle-related entities. We also may share the information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf (for example, to process online registration forms for events or to administer our blogs). These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use personal information you have provided through this website in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Links to Other Sites
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Sites designed to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information we collect through our Sites.
Information We Transfer
We may transfer the personal information we collect through the Sites to other countries where we do business, which may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside. We have taken steps to provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with European data protection law in cases of transfers from Europe to third countries.
Access and Correction
To the extent required by law, we provide users with (i) reasonable access to the personal information they provide through the Sites, and (ii) the ability to review, correct and delete such personal information. To help protect your privacy, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
We may update or change this Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you. We will post a prominent notice on this web page to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
Murphy & McGonigle's Sites
- Murphy & McGonigle: https://www.mmlawus.com
- Blockchain Law Center: https://www.blockchainlawcenter.com
- Commodity Corner: https://www.commodity-corner.com
- Capital Markets Reform: https://www.capitalmarketsreform.com
- M&M Consulting: https://www.mmconsultingus.com
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our information practices, or you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing lists, please contact us by:
writing us at
Murphy & McGonigle
4870 Sadler Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
To view Murphy & McGonigle’s Commodities, Futures & Derivatives practice, please click here.